My Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes

Gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookie Crush.

From the archives... It's a cool rainy Sunday here in West Hollywood. I am sipping a hot coconut milk chai to the velvet croon of Chet Baker. And I am thinking about cookies. Not just any cookies. Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. The best of the best. Sifting through my variations like a saxophone player in the groove of a beat. How do I like them best? That is the question. Because cookies will be baked today. And I've got a handful of chocolate chip cookie recipes to choose from. I've got choices.

Maybe I'll go with a classic style, bumpy with heavenly chunks of a vegan dark chocolate bar. Or the slightly chewy-crisp favorites made with gluten-free rolled oats from Bob's Red Mill. Wait. But then I remember my buckwheat flour chocolate chip cookies. Slightly sweet and verging on cakey. Perfect with a glass of cold vanilla rice milk. And then, to make matters even more complicated, I suddenly crave my quinoa flake cookie dough seductively studded with dark chocolate chips.

Decisions. Decisions.

What are you in the mood for?

Karina
xo




Gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe with dark chocolate chunks


As I've written before,

a good cookie is no small thing.


A good cookie can make you smile, even after a tiresome, irritating day.  Yes, I know it's food not love. But a cookie can be. Love I mean. A kind of culinary hug, when baked with affection.

A good cookie might even bring you a kiss. Or tender arms of appreciation wrapped around your neck. A good cookie might even make you a new friend. Or at the very least prove to the class that you're not a total, allergic celiac freak living on weirdo food that you have to feel sorry for and throw bread balls at.

A good cookie can make you feel like you belong.

First up- my favorite gluten-free chocolate chip cookie classic. The dough is loosely based on Alton Brown's recipe, but as many of you know, I'm not a huge fan of rice flour, so my recipe features sorghum flour and millet flour instead (and I don't use the butter, milk, and eggs he calls for). My cookies are vegan. And did I mention, oh so tasty? 

Here's my Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe with dark chocolate chunks.



Gluten free buckwheat chocolate chip cookies


Buckwheat? 


In a chocolate chip cookie? Affirmative, my Sweet. Gluten-free buckwheat flour is a favorite g-free flour around here. And for those of you alarmed by the word wheat in buckwheat, wondering if it is, indeed, a gluten-free grain (with such a scary sounding name), rest assured. Buckwheat is actually more fruit than grain. It's a groat. And related to rhubarb, of all things. It's not a grass-grain. And lucky for vegans, buckwheat is higher in protein and fiber than typical gluten-free flours. Best of all? It has no metallic aftertaste like the high protein bean flours. Curious? Try my Gluten-Free Goddess Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies.



Gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with certified gluten free oats


Oatmeal with Chocolate, Please


I suppose you could argue that oatmeal cookies need raisins. Right? Raisins give cookies that sneaky old school nutrition boost. With a hint of cinnamon, the oatmeal-raisin combo is a beloved classic. But the simple truth is, after a bite or two I always wonder, where are the chocolate chips? So I bake my oatmeal cookies with bits of vegan dark chocolate. And Darling. These cookies are to die for. Here are my Gluten-Free Goddess Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.



Gluten free chocolate chip quinoa cookies


Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies? Dude.


Don't tell the other cookie recipes above, but these are now my favorite gluten-free cookies. I mean it. These are unusually delicious, with a brown sugar caramel flavor and a chewy quinoa center accented with vegan chocolate chips. Cookie bliss. (I love the protein profile of quinoa flakes- a complete vegan protein, don't you?). This is the perfect choice for those craving oatmeal but avoiding oats. Okay. I might have to go with this recipe. Here's my Gluten-Free Goddess Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies.







Total Pageviews