56 Things To Remember
What She Said
You know what they say.
56 Things To Remember:
1. Make a To Do List. That way, when you find it in the bottom of your purse next month, you'll have something to read while you're standing in line buying tube socks. Which by the way, was never on your list.
2. What's done is done.
3. Breathe. I'm serious. Take a deep breath now. You don't want to get schpilkis.
4. You are not what you eat. And you are not what you don't eat, either.
5. Some people are velvet hammers. They slipcover their will with flattery and soft persuasion. And some people are just hammers. Both strategies leave a mark. Back away slowly.
6. You'll feel better after taking a walk.
7. Momentum is not a reason to get married.
8. It's not the thought that counts. Whoever said that was one cheap bastard.
9. There is no self. So whose schpilkis is this? (See thing 3.)
10. Opinions are only sometimes interesting.
11. The truth is out there. But sometimes the truth hurts.
12. It's really not about you. Seriously.
13. Give up soda. You'll lose six pounds in a year.
14. There are certain people who bring out the best in you. Just being around them raises your game, makes you a better version of yourself. Stick close to them.
15. Diet is a four letter word.
16. Estrogen is a mind altering drug. Ovaries should come with a warning label.
17. You probably need to drink more water. Right?
18. Introversion is not a pathology. We simply value content. And the time and space to think about it. Quiet time feeds us.
19. Toss out dried herbs and spices after a year. If you've had 'em that long, Babycakes, they're a pale imitation of their original selves.
20. Control strangles love.
21. Possible side effects include stomach pain, headache, flatulence, sudden drops in IQ, and the proclivity to insert one's foot in one's mouth.
22. If your gluten-free bread collapses, you've used too much liquid. Or not baked it long enough. Or your oven is wonky.
23. Crow's feet are sexy.
24. Eat more dark chocolate. I said so.
25. Posing for pics, don't face front forward. Turn your shoulders and hips to one side. Unless you've just eaten a big bowl of guacamole.
26. Use the slow cooker year round- not just in winter. In summer it helps keep the kitchen cool.
27. The most potent sexual organ is your heart.
28. Baking bread makes a house feel like a home.
29. Don't believe the Hype.
30. Just be yourself. You'll save us all time.
31. Moisturize your ear lobes. When you're sixty, you'll thank me.
32. Limit your exposure to haters. Hate is contagious.
33. Buy yourself flowers. You're allowed.
34. Leave room for improvisation.
35. Changing your mind demonstrates you use your brain.
36. Be a person not a brand.
37. Let go of those who whittle you down, little by little, to fit you into their smaller experience of the world.
38. If you haven't worn something in a year, donate it.
39. With each new blog post, painting, photograph, song, book, movie or poem, you'll run the risk of losing half your audience. See thing #12.
40. Some days it's hard to be a human being.
41. Simmer cinnamon sticks, orange peel and cloves to clear the air.
42. Trying to fit in rarely works out. You can try it on for size, but the chafing will leave a mark.
43. Yesterday's solution is today's problem.
44. Don't bother matching accessories. No one cares.
45. Putting a box of baking soda in the fridge does nothing but take up space. And cost you $1.69.
46. Don't ask. Just don't.
47. We all have our quirks and foibles.
48. Every vice has its virtue.
49. If you're attracted to a Bad Boy it's likely a sign you're too dutiful and diligent in your life.
50. Toast and tea can save you.
51. Ridicule is easy. Creating is hard.
52. Air fresheners don't freshen the air. They make your house smell like the dryer sheet aisle at Ralph's.
53. Know thyself. So someone else can see you.
54. Taste the edible flowers, scattered in the salad days. Neil Finn said that.
55. Be here now. Unless you're planning on bi-locating.
56. In the end? It's the blink of an eye.
56 Things To Remember is ©2010-2014 Karina Allrich All rights reserved.