Best Gluten Free Brownie Mix- Taste Test Update
I suppose I should mention here, in the spirit of full disclosure, we always add extra semi-sweet chocolate chips into our bar and cookie recipes; even if the recipe or mix might not call for chips; and if a recipe or mix does call for chips, we double it. We like our brownies decadent. Life is short. So, let's get to it.
Update note: For some reason, these brownies seem to bake even better in a drier climate. Because we are at high altitude now, I upped the oven temperature to 375 degrees F- as Pamela's suggests for high altitude- and they came out perfect.
We now have a two new faves, Dear Gluten-Free Reader. Pamela's Irresistible Chocolate Brownie Mix and Namaste Brownie Mix. We kick 'em up with extras.
Kick Up Your Mix::
- Substitute the water with coffee, coconut milk, or a safe vanilla non-dairy milk
- Add a cup of shredded sweetened coconut
- Add more chips- we add a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or try a cup of gluten-free white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips
- Add a half cup peanuts, macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts
- Go Chunky style- add raisins and chips and peanuts, or Almond Joy style with coconut and toasted almonds
- With the additions above, you may need to use a larger brownie pan
And if, by any chance, you're feeling up to baking a brownie from scratch...see my divinely delicious dark chocolate brownie recipe.