2010-12-28

Top Ten Gluten-Free Recipes for 2010: My Faves

Selected gluten free recipes at Gluten Free Goddess for best of the year
From cake to quinoa - my year's best gluten-free recipes

The annual ritual of creating top ten lists has commenced. Critics are choosing their top ten movies, editors have picked their Top Ten Books. Fashionistas have declared the year's best and worst trends of 2010 (jeggings- love 'em or hate 'em?). Do I dare leap into the scuffle and pluck ten gluten-free recipes as the year's best? And if so -- just how, exactly -- does one choose the golden top ten? The best of the best. Do I do as I did last year and let stats decide? (Might seem rather lazy, to repeat that process.) Or do I rely on my personal and often quirky preferences? (Could be controversial, especially if I was honest and chose peanut butter on ryeless rye bread toast as my number one.) Perhaps I should make a game of it and draw names from a hat. Randomness is appealing, in a way. (Though unsatisfying.)

I'll just do it.

I'll be bold. I'll be opinionated. I'll pick my g-free favorites from this year's recipes. Perhaps I need to define my criteria, though. How do you choose a favorite among the dozens you've created in a year? I'm proud of each recipe. After all, I enjoyed them enough to photograph them in all their gluten-free glory (unless, sadly, they were not photogenic, and that, Dear Reader, is a loss to the blog). And every recipe I shared passed the family taste test or they wouldn't stand a chance of appearing on Gluten-Free Goddess. You don't hear about the runner-ups, or the flat out failures that left your intrepid goddess weeping and gnashing her teeth. [Not really. I'm not the weeping kind. I swear like a character in Deadwood and take deadly aim at the trash bin.]

My criteria, then? Simple. A favorite recipe would be a recipe I'd make again. And share with company.

So with that in mind, away we go.

Image of my best gluten free recipes from the Gluten Free Goddess food blog 2010
More of my top ten best gluten-free recipes for 2010.


Karina's Top Ten Favorite Gluten-Free Recipes for 2010












More 2010 gluten-free recipe favorites from bloggers:

Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free offers up A Few of My Favorite Things
Iris at The Daily Diatribe goes to 11: My Top Ten Eleven Recipes for 2010
Jenn Cuisine's Gluten-Free Top Ten of 2010
Top Ten Recipes of 2010 at Gluten-Free Cat
Top 10 Mama Me Recipes at Mama Me Gluten Free
Gluten Free in SLC serves up Top 10 Gluten Free Recipes of 2010
Celiac Teen writes up her take on the year with Top Ten Gluten-Free recipes for 2010




Gluten-free bloggers... 

If you have your own top ten GF recipe list- feel free to leave your link in comments.


Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and inspiring
New Gluten-Free Year 2011!
~GFG

27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! YES! Your Quinoa Taco Salad is one of my absolute favorite recipes!! I mean, I love the stuff. :) And you know what's even better about this particular post?? I just got my very own Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer for Christmas and my own yogurt maker. I found a yogurt recipe using cashew milk and coconut milk...so that's already on my grocery list for next week. Yep, going to try that zuchini pasta with vegan curry cream sauce. (can hardly wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy not the task of picking a top 10 from your year's worth of wonderful recipes. Your site is one of the first I look at when in search of something delicious and a little different. Thanks for taking the time to pick the best of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plethora of recipes! My fave is the quinoa chocolate chip cookies. I've made them and they are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures- everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zucchini pasta looks amazing! I wish I had seen it this summer when I had more squash than I knew what to do with. Next summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If these beat out the cranberry apple cake, I gotta try them all! That cake was a great hit at Christmas and needed no editing for my hubby's multiple food allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first glance I would say that your taco salad is defifnitely in the top ten. You have a great format and beautiful layout to your concept. I really admire your work. Now I know where to come not only for inspiration but great culinary blends exotic to the simple. keep up the great work.

    In Oneness,
    Joseph B. Zielinski http://www.greatcheftips.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you solved my frustration with my Joyce Chen spiral slicer- I wasn't peeling the zucchini and I was ending up with some clumps of unspiral sliced zukes! I knew I must have been missing something in my method!
    I love all of your recipes and your writing style! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, lovely Goddess! Will have to go check out your top ten recipes again and see what I want to make next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa10:40

    Re the zucchini pasta recipe, some of us avoid refined carbs not only for the sake of our "girlish figure," which makes someone seem vain and narcissistic, but for more important health reasons, like preventing diabetes and heart disease. Big distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i made the pumpkin pie for myself for Xmas dessert this year, and topped it with whipped coconut milk and the praline - it was HEAVEN i tell you!! You're my go-to when it comes to recipes Karina, PLEASE never shut down this amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make it so easy to be gluten free Karina. Once again, thank you for paving the way for the rest of us gluten free bloggers. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should always choose based on your own preferences. If we didn't like your opinions we wouldn't be following your blog, so be brave and make those bold decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with you on this one - I chose my favorites because, well, I've eaten them all. I know what I make again and again. And love every bite. You're so much more adventurous than I with pumpkin pie...I'm a traditionalist but I think I'm going to have to give your recipe a try. Who doesn't love pumpkin in January?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful roundup Karina!!! I just put up my top 10 list today :)

    http://jenncuisine.com/2010/12/top-ten-of-2010-gluten-free/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You inspired me to come up with my own top ten list. Actually, I think your post was the reason I made one last year too...

    http://www.thedailydietribe.com/2010/12/my-favorite-gluten-free-recipes-of-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Turkey meatballs - yours are on our favorites list too. Here's to a happy new year for you!

    http://glutenfreeinslc.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-10-gluten-free-recipes-of-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous15:41

    I don't know how everyone else does it? How come everyone else and seem to bake, yet I can't? My fiance was diagnosed with Celiac's around 7 months ago and I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to bake for him. We had to have Christmas this year without any Christmas cookies, because I can't seem to make anything (I think he was a little disappointed). I've tried several times (more than I can keep track of now) to bake cookies, and they always come out flat and oily looking. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everyone keeps telling me that it takes time and practice, though I don't know where I'm screwing up to begin with. Can anyone help? I've been keeping the flours in the freezer (someone told me to do that) and the Xantham gum in the fridge (again advise from someone). I've been waiting for the flours to warm to room temperature but still no success. I can't even seem to make a simple chocolate chip cookie from a gluten free cookbook. Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  19. @anonymous: Hmm, not sure what to say other than it does take a while. So sorry! :( Are you mixing too much? Sometimes with gf, you only mix until just moistened.

    @Karina: These all look amazing! Here is my top 10 list: http://mamameglutenfree.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-10-mama-me-recipes-in-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quinoa chocolate chip cookies are a staple in our house! You inspired me to make my own top ten list. I've learned so much through being a part of this gf blogging community. Thanks for the roundup!

    My Top Ten:
    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/?p=2669

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anon- Have you looked at my FAQ page for links to helpful posts? Check my Gluten-Free Baking Tips and other key posts that offer troubleshooting advice.

    Thanks, All- and have a safe, delicious New Year! xox Karina

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm looking at that pumpkin pie, which I've been doing since you posted it. Here is my Top Ten list: http://wp.me/pUeJT-1Nr

    Thanks, Karina!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Karina,
    I finally got my best of 2010 post done...better late than never, right?!
    http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/happy-new-years-plus-a-black-eyes-peas-recipe-and-my-top-10-of-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, Karina. I love that you chose the ones you enjoyed the most - I would be happy with any of those in front of me, right now. May this beautiful new year bring so many more tasty treats, as well as health and joy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your recipes sound so good - and the pictures look delicious. What a great resource for people allergic to gluten!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karina, I’m hosting Aubree Cherie’s Tuesday Top Ten, and I wanted to let you know that I chose your Quinoa Taco Salad as one of my favorites of the week. http://www.glutenfreecat.com/?p=1918 What a tasty, healthy way to start the new year with my favorite grain. (Hence my infatuation with your quinoa cookies...or maybe that's the chocolate. Hmmm...)

    Heather
    www.glutenfreecat.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Karina!

    I always look forward to your posts, and I don't know how I would have gotten through those first few months after my diagnosis without them!

    Here's my Best Ever list of 2010 -- Tina.

    http://madamegluten-freevegetarian.blogspot.com/p/best-ever.html

    ReplyDelete