Will Patton photo by Mark Williams © 2007
Some time ago I participated in the Ten Things You Never Knew About Me meme. Since then I've been asked- perhaps a dozen times- to join in the Eight Random Facts About Me meme, and when Isaiah of Gluten-Free Bay e-mailed me, Tag - you're it! I knew it was time to give in, kick off my flip flops and jump in feet first.
Eight More Random Factoids::
1. Will Patton and I bonded over a hat. And an off-the-cuff dialogue edit on the set of Steve's movie The Canyon.
2. I curse like Rene Russo in Get Shorty.
3. My Irish grandfather once hid his bookmaking book in my crib. I was in it at the time. He was hiding it from the police who were searching the house. The female officer assigned to keep an eye on my mother and me evidently bought my whole wide-eyed innocence act. After all, you don't expect a toddler to be holding.
4. While Kelly at Celiac Chicks once got on stage at a Chris Isaak concert, I barely escaped fisticuffs at one of Chris Isaak's gigs (see Factoid #2). Steve bought us front row seats for my 50th birthday. The view was serious eye candy. Unfortunately, the drunken buffoon behind me decided to scream Freebird! and Stairway to Heaven! while Chris was performing his acoustic set. When the lout responded to my request to Please! Shut the f*ck up! with Go f*ck yourself! and then poured beer on my jean jacket, things almost got ugly.
5. Leonard Cohen asked me to dinner once and my response was, Oh. I'm not dressed for it! (Note to self: When Leonard Cohen asks you to dinner, you say, Yes.)
6. I eat chips and salsa in bed.
7. When Warren Zevon died I cried for a week.
8. My fantasy dinner party would be to invite Lauren Bacall, Frances McDormand, Martha Plimpton, Kathy Bates and Dame Helen Mirren. I like to laugh. What would I serve? Pitchers of margaritas and green chile enchiladas, of course.
If any of you Dear Readers who blog want to join in and post your own 8 Random Facts- don't be shy. We don't stand on ceremony here at Casa Allrich. Kick off your shoes and confess your own juicy tidbits.
(Note: comments are now closed.)