Ten Things You Never Knew About Me

My new comfort food. No, I'm not kidding. Kalyn at Kalyn's Kitchen tagged me for a me...

My new comfort food. No, I'm not kidding.

Kalyn at Kalyn's Kitchen tagged me for a meme - my first. Hmmm...where to start?

Ten Things You Never Knew About Me

1. My favorite comfort food is peanut butter schmeared on a slice of hot buttered rye toast. Since going gluten free, I've had to settle for peanut butter on a rice cake. I know, I know. I hear many readers thinking, Make gluten free toast. Duh! And I could do that. I even have, on occasion, baked a gluten free bread. But then there were all those sawdust doorstops and hockey pucks that only made me even sadder- and need comfort food even more. Letting go seemed the Zen thing to do.

It takes more than courage to bake gluten free. It takes a strong ego. Because it's not for the faint of heart. Especially if you are also dairy-free and egg-free. Oy.

Or maybe it's all about desire. Maybe if I truly wanted bread again I'd somehow make it happen. Maybe I lack fire. Maybe my passion for sourdough and rye toast was only a crush, not a life-long commitment; because I haven't been courting or chasing the elusive bread replacement. Not with enthusiasm, anyway.

Edit: Years pass. Times change. New flours become available. I now have my toast back. My new delicious gluten-free bread recipe. My ryeless rye bread recipe and my favorite multigrain gluten-free sandwich bread recipe.) Yayness.

2. I was an extra in All The President's Men. I only got to lock eyes with Mr. Redford for maybe three seconds. But as three seconds go? Not too shabby.

3. I don't often wear shoes. Unlike many women- who apparently have a deep and penetrating love of ridiculously expensive, impossible to run in ho-heels, I prefer to go barefoot. Although I do own several one pair of $2.99 jelly flip-flops. And Rocket Dogs. UGGS. Does that count? Okay. Scratch that, then.

4. I can quote The Big Lebowski verbatim. (See Thing #3.)

5. I once had Seymour Cassel believing I was French for an entire week (I don't speak French). 

6. At key moments in my life (some might call them defining moments) I have chosen love over money with no regrets. Even though I drive a used car with a transmission that is steadily declining in performance at an alarming rate. (See Thing #4.)

7. I have learned more from my two children- my fascinating, talented, wise, smart, funny, empathetic sons- than I ever taught them. Motherhood has been a remarkable process of discovery, improvisation and invention. I am in their debt. For life. Not to mention, in love.

8. I'm shy and introverted and I tend to live in my head. That's the reality of the isolated painting and writing life. And that's why I love cooking. Cooking is not only a way to reconnect and share the day with my husband and sons, but also a way to connect with friends-- and now, fellow bloggers and readers. 

Cooking grounds me and brings me back to earth.

9. I'm hot flashing as I write this.

10. In another life (you know, in one of those other ten dimensions the Buddha talks about?) I'm a surfer and live at the beach. (See Thing #4.) The Dude Abides.






.

|BAKE SOME MUFFINS$type=two$h=0$meta=0$rm=0$snip=0

|BAKING BREAD$type=left$va=0$count=3

|ALMOND FLOUR$type=right$va=0$count=3

TASTE$type=one$count=1

Name

almond almond flour aphrodisiac appetizer apple artichoke hearts asparagus avocado awareness banana bars beef biscotti biscuits blueberry bones bread breakfast breakfast bars broken hip brownies brunch buckwheat budget cabbage cake carob carrot cashew cream casserole celiac celiac awareness celiac disease cereal cherry chicken chili chocolate chocolate cake chocolate chip Christmas cinco de mayo cobbler coconut coconut milk coffee cake cookbook cookie bars cookies cooking by the seasons copyright cornbread cornmeal cottage pie crackers cranberries cupcakes dairy-free detox diet dinner dinner ideas dip disclaimer donuts easy ebook eggplant eggs enchiladas eye candy Farmers Market fish flatbread food allergies frittata fruit crisp game day ginger gluten free goddess gluten free pancakes gluten free recipes gluten free soup gluten-free baking gluten-free baking mixes gluten-free bloggers list gluten-free meatloaf gluten-free oats gluten-free pesto gluten-free salad dressing gluten-free soup gluten-free vegetarian grain-free grains granola green chile guacamole help holidays hospital how to how to live gluten-free hummus humor ice cream irish soda bread Italian kale latkes lemon life los angeles love love foods low sugar mac n cheese marriage meatballs meatless monday meatloaf Mediterranean Diet mother's day muffins New Mexico New Mexico Inspired Newsweek no xanthan gum paleo pancakes party pasta peach peaches peanut butter pesto picnic recipes pie pineapple pizza polenta popsicles potato potato salad potatoes privacy policy pumpkin quiche quick bread quinoa quinoa bars quinoa flakes raw recipes rhubarb rice risotto roasted vegetables rolls salad salad dressings salmon salsa Santa Fe Santa Monica sauce sausage scones shepherd's pie shepherds pie shrimp side dish slow cooker smoothie snacks snow soda bread soup squash stew stir-fry strawberry stuffing substitutions sugar-free summer soup sweet potato tea bread Thanksgiving tips today's recipe tomatoes top ten travel turkey vaccine vanilla vegan vegan ice cream vegan pesto vegan recipe vegetable vegetarian waffles whole grain whole grains winter yeast-free bread zucchini
false
ltr
item
Gluten-Free Goddess®: Ten Things You Never Knew About Me
Ten Things You Never Knew About Me
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/517/1831/400/PB_ricecakeZ.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PaQOnNlC2xI/S8UHbxhK3EI/AAAAAAAAIds/ThBKULz0PE8/s72-c/buddhaz.jpg
Gluten-Free Goddess®
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/01/ten-things-you-never-knew-about-me.html
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/01/ten-things-you-never-knew-about-me.html
false
19281824
UTF-8
Not found VIEW ALL Read more Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy